Convince Your Boss about the Value of Attending IWCE
We are in the age of cut budgets and reduced travel. But there are distinct advantages to attending an out-of-town event or tradeshow. So if you need help convincing your supervisors that you should attend IWCE, here are some tips and facts to help you make your case to be a part of the pre-eminent communications technology event for the working world.
If you need help, use the facts below to convince your supervisor of the value of attending IWCE.
Trade shows provide the unmatched opportunity for you see and touch products from hundreds of vendors at once, and the only place for you meet with direct representatives as well as get instant feedback from your peers. In addition, a year’s worth of education and training is packed into just one week. So, when you consider how much you can get done in a few days or even in a full week, attending IWCE is an extremely cost-effective option to enable you to save your company/agency money or help them make more money.
FACT: IWCE is in Las Vegas, one of the most cost-effective cities to travel to and stay in.
- Hotel rates for IWCE are very low, less than a night’s stay at most hotels in Houston or Florida.
- Tax rates in Las Vegas are significantly lower than other major cities, for additional travel savings.
- Las Vegas has more than 900 flights per day and nonstop service from 130 US cities, making it one of the easiest and cost-effective cities to fly to.
- More than 114,000 hotel rooms are within a 15-minute drive from the airport, keeping per diem costs low.
- Las Vegas ranks #1 as the city that is:
- Inexpensive to get to
- Easy for delegates to get to
- Convenient airline service
- Good hotels
Source: Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Bureau
FACT: Las Vegas trade show delegates spend more time on the show floor: 11.5 hours vs. 5.8 - 9.5 hours in other cities.
Source: Exhibit Surveys - 2008
Research shows that face-to-face meetings are an important part of our culture.
- 95% see face-to-face meetings as the key to success for long-term relationships.
- 89% considered meetings essential for "sealing the deal."
- 82% say meetings are most effective for negotiating important contracts.
Source: Harvard Business Review
- 85% of respondents said face-to-face meetings build strong business relationships.
- 77% cited the ability to read body language and facial expressions as important to business relationships.
- 75% valued the social interaction and ability to bond with clients and colleagues at in-person meetings.
Source: Forbes Insights
Executives and business travelers estimate that 28% of current business would be lost without in-person meetings.
- Nearly 40% of prospective customers become new customers with an in-person meeting, (versus 16% without such a meeting).
- Businesses experience an average $12.50 in increased revenue and $3.80 in new profits for every dollar invested in business travel.
- Executives cited conference and trade show participation returns ranging from $4.00 to $5.99 per dollar invested.
Source: Oxford Economics Business Travel Study; Oxford Economics, 2009
Only at IWCE 2013 will you:
- See an exhibit hall packed with over 330 leading suppliers showcasing the latest products and services in the communications systems marketplace that will help you do your job more efficiently and save your company time and money
- Touch the most innovative technology in the convergent communications systems industry
- Network and connect with colleagues from around the world
- Attend an expansive Conference Program of training, workshops and sessions on specific technologies and applications
- Listen to FREE industry-leading Keynote Addresses and General Sessions on timely topics
- And so much more!
Face-to-Face meetings, including trade shows, build strong business relationships, so take this opportunity to be a part of the communications technology community at IWCE.
There is simply no replacement for the power of a face-to-face meeting. Visit IWCE!