Mark Reynolds, Associate Director, University of New Mexico IT department, is involved in the engineering, design, installation and implementation of many voice, data, infrastructures, Cellular technologies, access control, security and video systems. Higher Education experience for 35 years and Telecommunications experience for 45 years.
While at UNM, Mark is notable accomplishments include:
• Chaired a VoIP trial (NEC, MS, Broad soft, AASTRA, Cisco, HP, 3Com, Century Link SIP trial, Unified communications, unified communications) deployment for the University
• Headed up large project management projects for the University, Health Sciences, Hospital, Branch Campuses, Clinics, other Higher Education, K-12 and NON University agencies
• Headed up a large, complex project to upgrade the campus’ existing communications technology, which included and not limited to the RFP process, implementation and installation of 22,000-port telephone system and the second largest Central Office in New Mexico.
• Designed, managed and supported every aspect of telecommunications (voice, data LAN-WAN, security and facilities)
• Committee member or chair (Emergency management, facilities management, Alarm management, Carrier services for voice and data, Engineering of voice and data services, ACD , Disaster recovery) –FEMA certified communications support
• Distributed antenna system installation, design, oversight with carriers (DAS, Cellular, Small Cell)
• BISCI RCDD for 21 years, ITIL V3 certified, PMI credentials, journeyman license for ES8 for 21 years
• Speaker, Chair, board member BICSI,,Governors Higher Education Summit, CHEC’s-TIE (Higher Education), EDUCAUSE, Carrier presentations, Emergency management, MiCTA director at large, BICSI TEO committee, TIA IoT committee member , Safer building coalition