For over 40 years IWCE has been the leading event for the Critical Communications Industry. Every year professionals from within the Public Safety Sector, First Responders, Government and ancillary industries come to learn about the latest technology and developments that impact how they communicate. The conference includes educational workshops, courses, power sessions, keynote address and an exhibit hall with over 400 vendors. This year’s event will include an outdoor Drone Demonstration area and a dedicated Smart Cities section with a theater playing interactive content. If you are interested in potentially covering IWCE in the media, please read below.
Who can apply
Press passes will be considered for anyone who covers the critical communications and Smart Cities industry in the media on a regular basis (across all verticals) that fall within the requirements of the IWCE press credentials.
Media accreditation will not be granted to anyone whose principal purpose for attending IWCE for reasons other than covering it as working news media. This includes private consultants, account managers, sales professionals, brand ambassador, PR and Marketing and non-editorial media professionals.
Badges are granted at IWCE’s discretion.
IWCE will accept any of the following credentials as proof of your media affiliation.
Employed by Media Company
- Article or blog post published in the media within the past three months with your byline. The online publication must be previously established, independent (not a corporate blog) and regularly updated with original and current content.
- Letter from an editor or producer on station/network letterhead or from a company email address that states you are covering IWCE on assignment.
- A copy of publication masthead including your name (or link to your online publication with your name and title appearing in an editorial capacity) – see accepted titles below;
- Article published within the past six months with your byline.
- Article published within the past six months quoting you as an industry analyst.
- Cover of a market research report from the past six months listing you as a contributor.
Please note, reports must be made independently and not solicited by exhibiting companies.
Social Media Influencers
Social Media Influencers are welcome to apply for a press pass. Those with a following of at least 10,000 followers on at least one of the major social media platforms e.g. YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are welcome to apply. We will review each influencer application individually and make decisions based upon the quality and type of content created, topics covered, frequency of postings in addition to the engagement of followers.
IWCE reserves the right to deny press registration at any time based on its interpretation of these requirements, including during the pre-registration and on-site media registration process.
What the press pass includes
Press pass holders will be able to access all of IWCE’s conference sessions, workshops, trainings and the exhibit hall. (ex. lunches).
No one may videotape any portion or the IWCE conference program without express written permission from IWCE show management. Unless otherwise agreed, filming, videotaping and photography are prohibited at all events, education and seminar sessions, including keynote presentations. IWCE’s conference program includes any and all keynotes, sessions, workshops, short courses, training classes, speeches, discussions and panels. If an organization or individual has been determined to publish or post video or audio of any part of IWCE’s conference program without approval, that organization or individual may be barred from attending future IWCE events.
If you feel you meet the press credential requirements above and are interested in applying for a press pass please complete this form.
If you have any questions, please contact Danielle McCormick at firstname.lastname@example.org