Sustainability at IWCE / Informa Tech
We know sustainability is increasingly important to our attendees and exhibitors, as well as to our market as a whole. Running IWCE gives us lots of opportunities to improve our impacts environmentally, socially and economically in our host cities. We want to make our event more responsible and play a role in helping our markets improve its own sustainability through connecting people with the networks and knowledge they want to help solve the big challenges in our sector.
Sustainability at Informa Tech has five key elements: people, communities, environment, customers, and governance. Being an ethical, sustainable business is central to how we behave, how we make decisions, and how we do business every day. At Informa Tech, our evolution of producing sustainable events is fueled by insight, innovation, and collaboration. We are proud of our commitment to having a positive environmental and social impact on both the communities and industries we work within.
Learn more about our Sustainability programs below.
IWCE Sustainability Initiatives
- Collaborate with venues and general service contractors to compile data on the waste produced by events and electricity used. We partner with sustainability teams within Informa Tech to analyze the data and determine improvements from year to year
Signage will be printed on recyclable materials whenever possible or upgraded to digital signage
- Our 2021 event will have no carpet in the Expo hall, reducing waste
- Use Energy Star rated projectors, monitors, and speakers, using LED lighting and encouraging the use of LED lighting for booths
- Partner with charitable organizations, and institute wellness initiatives
- Replace physical attendee bags with the paperless Digital Tote Bag to reduce waste
- Choosing partners who value sustainability, like Las Vegas Convention Center and GES